Tuesday, March 5, 2013

NOT Your Average Lemon

Lemon Almond Cake with Lemon Curd

I have taken a blogger hiatus and I have missed it so, so, so much!!  If you are blogger, then you know that whether you have an audience of one or one million, it's really about your passion and sharing what you love.  The audience will come later!  I started a new job and have put these things on the back burner, but this is who I am and I am ready to get back to the "cutting" board. 

My husband had a birthday recently and I started thinking of what I could cook for a family dinner and most importantly, dessert.  I love chocolate, cream, coffee flavored anything.....well, let's just say that "Tiramisu" is a personal friend.  However, it was HIS birthday and he loves anything that has lemons and berries.  I had stashed a few lemon recipes in anticipation of such event and when I flashed this recipe from a Cooking Light Magazine in front of him, this was the winner!

I love that it has a spongy cake like bottom and topped with such a tart and tangy lemon curd.  Just a few tips though.  I could not find matzo cake meal at my first 2 grocery stores, so when all else fails, GOOGLE!  I substituted ground unsalted soda cracker crumbs. It worked perfectly and this recipe was such a hit with the family.  I hope you try it and PLEASE let me know if you do.  I would love to hear from you!

Here's a picture of mine!  I almost got through it without saying it, but I can't help myself.  When life gives you lemons.....okay, I won't.

Enjoy!  Thank you for letting me share a food memory.  Go make your own food memories!

 
Here is a link to to the All Recipes website giving credit to Cooking Light. 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Woman! you didn't tell me you are writing again! I love it when you blog! I also want a bite of that, cause I'm with Keith, I love lemon and berries! looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete