Monday, September 24, 2012

The Barefoot Contessa knows CHOCOLATE with her Beatty's Chocolate Cake!

I just cannot even tell you how scrumptious this cake was the night I made it for my father's birthday.  Yes, this is the same night I made Tyler's Ultimate Spaghetti and Meatballs.  In the words of Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa), "It's CHOCOLATE...how bad can that be, right?"  However, even though most anything chocolate is just a little bit of heaven on earth, this cake was indeed above average!  This is "lick the bowl" kinda good.  If you are looking for a moist, rich and decadent chocolate cake, you have met your soul mate.  The layers are dark in color and very moist.  You can eliminate the raw egg yolk in the frosting, but just remember that your cake will not look as glossy and may be a little lighter in color.  This is one food memory I will not forget!  Below is the Food Network link with the recipe and then a picture of my cake the night we devoured it!

Happy CHOCOLATE memories, my friend.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/beattys-chocolate-cake-recipe/index.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment